[Emacspeak] Removing pauses when speaking paragraphs?

Hi,
I'm not sure if this only happens on MacOS, but when I use emacspeak-speak-paragraph, speech pauses between lines. Is this an intended behavior? If not, I was thinking of stripping line breaks before passing the text to the speech server. Not sure if that would violate an assumption somewhere/
Thanks,
Parham

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|