[Emacspeak] Re: Emacspeak and Mac OS

That at least confirms what I thought i.e. server needs version
3. I wasn't sure if the server had been updated to support both version
2.x and 3.x or whether it only supports 3.x and anyone on anything other
than the latest macOS must install python 3. (I don't even know if
supporting multiple versions under python is even possible - as I've
said, my experience with python has been minimal and frustrating).

However, what version - homebrew has version 3.8, 3.9 and 3.10. I've
tried version 3.10, but it seems not all required modules work under
3.10 (in particular, pyObjCTools). I originally had 3.9, but it could
not find the foundation module despite pip3.9 telling me it was
installed and available (which I verified by looking in the
site-packages file).

What would be good to know is

1. What are the versions of python3 where the server works?
2. If someone has got it working with python 3.10, what is the recipe to
satisfy the pyObjCTools dependency?

As a quick fix, I will revert emacspeak to just before the march 24
update to python3 and see how that goes for now.

Just for the record, I've been using homebrew to install the various
python3 environments.

"T.V Raman" <raman(a)google.com> writes:

> With the server ported to Python3, there is no point in even trying to
> run it under python2.7.
>
> But the fix is simple, just copy over the mac server script from the
> past --- where past == before we updated the mac server to python3.

|May 1995 - Last Year|Current Year|