[Emacspeak] Re: TTS on Mac Vanetura ...

Hi Pedro,

TLDR: try uninstalling pulseaudio and maybe reinstalling Sox.

Long story:
I was actually thinking about asking the mailing list if someone had the same issues and writing down my journey. I phased the same problem and it drove me crazy because I found no good way to debug. It felt as if the soubdserver got overloaded easily. When I did a lot of „sudden movements“ or triggered a process wir lots of output, like a pip install, in ansi-Term, I could almost always get it to fail.

Here is all the stuff that I tried which probably didn’t solve it but since this describes the working setup I ended now up with, I will include it.

- I tried different Python versions going back to 3.8.12
- I switched from railwaycats to the eMacs-plus brew and activated native-comp
- I tested if Doom might cause it and in the end just make sure to have the most recent t version (which by the way brings in a newer vertigo so I can now again follow the emacspeak branch)

Now, what I think finally solved it:
I brew uninstalled sox and pulsesudio, which resulted in emacs not starting if emacspeak is loaded. I reinstalled sox and now everything works perfectly since a few days.

Long story short: check if you have pulseaudio installed and uninstall it. If you still have issues, reinstall sox. Of course don’t fortgebt to clean, configure and make in between.

I wonder if pulseaudio has an issue with macOS 13 or if just the comvibation with emacspeak and the soubdserver has some issue.

Best regards,
Till