[Emacspeak] SharpWin (AKA: Windows Native Support)

Hey All!

I am presently working on SharpWin a server very much a clone of
swiftmac, but swap out swift with C# and Mac with Windows and
there you go! I will likely be pushing out a 1.0 in the next
month or so and just like swiftmac, I plan to contribute it and
have it live in emacspeak proper. The goals are the same, standard
well support tools and libraries, etc.

https://github.com/robertmeta/sharpwin

It builds and you can queue stuff and dispatch it, play audio
and ogg files and tones.. need to wire it into emacspeak, but
I am hopefully won't hit too many headaches. Then add notifications
support and ship version 1.0.

That said, I have some questions about what is available to the
Windows users out there.

1. Do you generally use a package manager tool like winget or
Chocolatey?

2. Do you have emacs installed already? Is it in your PATH?
Which version of emacs are you using?

3. In the primary screen reader you use on Windows, how hard
is it to exclude a program like Emacs from it?

4. How important is it that Emacspeak on Windows work with
your current screen reader?

5. Do you already have dotnet cli installed? make?

6. Anything else I should know / be aware of in Windows land
that will sneak up and bite me?

As I might for work reasons have to use Windows in the near
future, this likely will be my priority in the short term
while swiftmac 2 stablizes and gets merged.

Thanks for reading!

--
Robert "robertmeta" Melton
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>